Today, we’re launching the Wilder Quarterly Instagram (username: @wilderquarterly). Here’s how it works – every two weeks we will be asking a Wilder photographer to man our Instagram feed. They’ll be snapping the natural world around them from farm to food, plant art to plant life. At the end of the year, we’ll gather all the photos to create an amazing collection showcasing different views and explorations of the natural world.
Each photographer will also be filling out the Wilder Quarterly Questionnaire, in an attempt to discover their relationship to nature. (Thanks to Rory Gunderson for creating the W.Q.Q.) _____ Our very first photographer is Logan White. Logan shot the dowsing story in our Summer ’12 issue, as well as an upcoming piece on the will o’ the wisp for the Fall ’12 issue. The Los Angeles based photographer is a bright spot where ever she does and we are thrilled to have her as #1.
THE WILDER QUESTIONNAIRE
1. What is your favorite Flower?
2. What is your favorite vegetable?
3. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring, for the flowers; fall for the clothes I get to wear.
4. Organic or Heirloom or don’t care?
5. What do you grow? Um… If you don’t grow anything currently, what would you like to grow?
6. Favorite terrain: Mountains, Desert, Beach, Plains?
7. What is the scariest thing in nature?
8. What is the most impressive thing in nature?
9. What sounds do you like to fall asleep to?
10. If you could change one thing about humanity’s relationship with nature, what would it be?
To realize that we’re a part of nature and that if we destroy it we’re destroying ourselves.
11. What is your spirit animal?
12. What’s the best and worst part of living where you live?
Best, the proximity of ocean, deserts, forest, and mountains. worst, the traffic.
13. If you could be the first to explore a place, where would it have been? Why?
The secret pyramids under water in the bermuda triangle, see where it’d take me.
14. When were you the happiest in nature?
Naked with a camera and a friend:)