This week, we’re thrilled to have Jennilee Marigomen‘s keen eye capturing nature for the Wilder Quarterly Instagram (@wilderquarterly). Jennilee is a Canadian photographer who recently released a zine called Roam, and is also the Photo Editor of the publication, 01 Magazine. She’s also just lovely – evidenced by her answers to The Wilder Questionnaire below.
1. What is your favorite flower?
I love all sorts of wildflowers, especially the Queen Anne’s Lace flower.
I also really love lilies.
2. What is your favorite vegetable?
3. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring, for the new beginnings.
4. Organic or Heirloom or don’t care?
5. What do you grow? If you don’t grow anything currently, what would you like to grow?
I grow succulents, cactus’, an aloe vera plant, a rainbow rubber plant, and lavender.
I would love to grow eucalyptus.
6. Favorite terrain: Mountains, Desert, Beach, Plains?
7. What is the scariest thing in nature?
8. What is the most impressive thing in nature?
The relationship between the moon and tides, and sunsets.
9. What sounds do you like to fall asleep to?
10. If you could change one thing about humanity’s relationship with nature, what would it be?
There are too many things to mention.
11. What is your spirit animal?
12. What’s the best and worst part of living where you live?
Best: Being close to both the ocean and the mountains, and almost always having the mountains in view.
Worst: When it rains for weeks at a time.
13. If you could be the #rst to explore a place, where would it have been? Why?
Iceland, because of it’s magnificent landscapes.
14. When were you the happiest in nature?
When I reach the peak of a new place for the first time.